Welcome to the homepage of the Wolverhampton Formulary. The Wolverhampton NHS Formulary has been developed by collaboration between the Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust and Wolverhampton City Clinical Commissioning Group. It is endorsed by the Wolverhampton Area Prescribing Committee.
The formulary is based on the best available evidence and is regularly updated to show the place in therapy of new and older medicines.
Click on the image to the left to go to the BNF homepage.
Click on the image to the left to go to the BNF for Children homepage.
Use of the formulary will:
- Decrease medicines waste and offers cost savings for both Trusts
- Support best prescribing in both the hospital and the community
- Ensure consistent patient care throughout Wolverhampton
Key to BNF Sections
- Suitable for GP Prescribing
- Shared Care Agreement
- Restricted / Specialist Prescribing Only
NICE Guidance: Where a medicine is NICE approved, the various local organisations are working to ensure the funding streams are available to the health economy within 3 months of the NICE decision.
A list of lactose-free medicines can be found at http://www.rpsgb.org/pdfs/lactosefree.pdf
If you have suggestions for how the formulary can be improved, please contact us using the details on our Contact Us page.